Wednesday, July 23, 2008

"Drastic" Approaches to Weight Loss

Are you sick and tired of dieting? If so, have you ever considered one of the more drastic approaches to weight loss, like gastric bypass or the lapband?

Once you've tried all the diet plans out there and your weight has yo-yo'ed up and down for years like mine as a result, your metabolism is usually trashed--and anything short of something drastic seems to get you nowhere.

I've been thinking about gastric bypass as an alternative lately. I hear it's really expensive and health insurance usually doesn't cover it (unless you're practically on your deathbed due to your weight already).

I wasn't sure if I was even a candidate for surgery, according to doctors' guidelines, so I did a little research and found a helpful survey on WebMD that helps you evaluate whether or not weight loss surgery is a viable option for you. Surprisingly, it sounds like I may have medical grounds for moving forward with this approach...if I weren't so afraid of complications and so horribly broke!

Check it out and see how you rate under WebMD's guidelines, then let me know how you feel about this option, whether or not you'd consider it and why. I'm curious if my fears are shared by others out there who are heavy like me.

What would you advise?


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Directory of Health Blogs Search For Blogs, Submit Blogs, The Ultimate Blog Directory Blog Directory Bloglisting.net - The internets fastest growing blog directory blog search directory